Saturday, August 15, 2009

Posted by Big Papa | | Posted On Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 6:04 AM

Recently on the Men's Network Blog  http://mnmanstuff.blogspot.com/  they were talking about what you would put on your Bucket List.  One gentleman commented as follows, which I thougt was a very good comment and something that we should all keep in mind.  Following is his comment:

Anonymous said...
It has always amazed me that most people have thoughts about things they want to accomplish before they die. And they want so badly to put off death. I've heard about people who are getting older, and have regrets about things they never got to do. Why is that? I can't wait to meet God face to face. Don't get me wrong. I have no desire to stand in front of a train. And I don't intend to do anything to hasten my death. When God's chosen time comes for me, it will be His decision, not mine. But as I get older and closer to the end of this life, I don't think about things I wasn't able to do in this life. I can only think about how wonderful the next life will be. The analogy I use is this. What if your boss came to you one day and said, "I'm going to give you an all expense paid vacation to anywhere you want to go. But I'm not ready to tell you when just yet."? Wouldn't you come to work every day hoping today was the day he would say, "Pack you bags. Today is the day."? Someday God is going to say to me, "Today is the day". And I can't wait.


Comments:

There are 0 comments for Saturday, August 15, 2009

Post a Comment